Not sure of what to ask on a first date? Just use our ultimate collection of first date questions.
One of the fundamental ways of building rapport with your date and establish a connection is to show genuine interest in who they are. Asking questions about their experiences, preferences and opinions is the perfect recipe for an exciting conversation.
To avoid any awkward silences or to overcome your shyness, you can ask any of these first date questions in any order you like. Be sure to ask follow up questions or simply asked him or her to tell you more.
Make an effort to share some of your likes and opintions as well, this will open the flood doors to an interesting and invested conversation.
100 First Date Questions
1. Where did you grow up?
2. Are you a coffee or tea person?
3. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
4. Do you prefer a farm or city life?
5. Scariest movie you’ve ever watched?
6. What’s your dream in life?
7. What’s the silliest fear you have?
8. What was the last show you binge-watched?
9. What’s your favorite song of all time?
10. What would you do if you won the lottery?
11. Who is your favorite musician or band?
12. What are some accomplishments that you are really proud of?
13. What are some things everyone should try at least once?
14. What would be the best city to live in?
15. Which household chore do you hate the most?
16. Where have you traveled?
17. What’s your favorite app on your phone?
18. Who are your kind of people?
19. What hobbies would you like to get into?
20. What would be your dream job?
21. Do you have any nicknames?
22. Where’s the strangest place you’ve ever been?
23. Who is your favorite author?
24. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this month, other than me?
25. What odd talent do you have?
26. What country do you never want to visit?
27. What would your perfect vacation look like?
28. Do you have any pets?
29. What was the name of your first pet?
30. Are you a dog or cat person?
31. What would your perfect morning be like?
32. Cutest animal? Ugliest animal?
33. Where is your dream destination?
34. What do you do to unwind?
35. How many siblings do you have?
36. What do you do professionally?
37. Among your friends, what are you best known for?
38. Can you swim?
39. Who is the most fascinating person you’ve met?
40. Do you play any sports?
41. Do you follow any sports?
42. How have you changed from when you were in high school?
43. What were you like as a teenager?
44. Have you ever met a celebrity?
45. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
46. How did you meet your best friend?
47. Would you like to be famous?
48. What are you most grateful for?
49. Are you introverted or extroverted?
50. Which celebrity do you have a crush on?
51. If today was our last day on Earth, what would you do?
52. Do you like to exercise?
53. What’s the most essential part of a friendship?
54. What’s your favorite restaurant?
55. Who was your childhood icon?
56. What was your favorite cartoon?
57. What skill have you always wanted to learn?
58. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
59. What do you like but are kind of embarrassed to admit?
60. What is your favorite movie?
61. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
62. Best and worst flavor ice cream?
63. What’s your favorite cologne?
64. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
65. If you knew you were going to die in a year, what would you change about your life right now?
66. What are your top 3 favorite things to talk about?
67. What’s the worst advice someone has given you?
68. Do you sing in the shower? Which song?
69. Are you an indoors or outdoors kinda person?
70. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
71. What’s the best gift you ever received?
72. What’s the most interesting fact you know?
73. Where have you traveled?
74. When is your birthday?
75. Where would you like to retire?
76. What were some of the turning points in your life?
77. What’s your favorite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink?
78. What’s your morning routine like?
79. Where would you like to retire?
80. What was the last book you really fell inlove with?
81. If you opened a business, what type of business would you start?
82. What’s your favorite comfort food?
83. What’s your favorite holiday?
84. What’s your bedtime routine like?
85. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a kid?
86. What’s your favorite international food?
87. Can you dance?
88. What are your goals right now?
89. If you could time travel, what would you change in the past?
90. What amazing adventures have you been on?
91. Do you believe in fate?
92. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done?
93. What’s the worst or best job you’ve had?
94. What’s your favorite quote?
95. Who is your role model? Why?
96. What’s your idea of the perfect future?
97. What’s your favorite color of hair?
98. What’s the one piece of clothing you can’t live without?
99. If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
100. What are the character traits you find most attractive?
Do You Need More Help On Your First Date?
These first date questions are bound to create a conversation that is fun and easy flowing.
If you’d really like to have a great date, you might want to check out our list of 50 first date ideas that are romantic and fun as well.
If you want to maximize the chances of you meeting someone who will not only knock your socks off but treat you in the manner that you deserve, then you need to know what you should look for in a...
When we invest ourselves in people who don’t care about us, we are doing a disservice to ourselves and to the people who genuinely deserve to belong in our lives. But, most of us can’t decipher...